Thursday, April 8, 2010

So about Iceland

I know I promised everyone that we were going to visit iceland next. But because of the comments i heard about that last song ( and I only heard comments from one person... one know who you are) I going to play a song from Janelle Monae. Originally from Kansas City the now Atlanta GA singer has teamed up with Big Boi from Outkast. Now if this song is boring to You I will cry.

The song is called Tightrope and its off of her up coming album coming out in May. To points:
1. This girl can sing.
2. I wish I could dance like her.






If you like her then I would recommend that you check out her "group". Monae is a member of a group call Wondaland Arts Society. Its a label of sorts but they claim to be something different. Check it out.

http://www.myspace.com/wondalandarts
http://wondaland.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Robbie said...

Definitely not boring. Initial reaction, - i like it. It's got a groove, which I will be taking about in my next blog post. I am going to check out some of the links you included and listen to some other tracks. Good find.