Thursday, October 2, 2008

I am a big believer in people being able to do what they want and say what they want. I am also a big believer in G-d. As you might assume this creates a conflict in society. I believe and support artist to be able to say what they want on an song regardless if I agree with it or not. This is a stand I have always held to. I was asked last week what I thought about abortion. This person knew I was a Christian and was looking for a fight. So I have been thinking about this issue. People think because I am a Christian I am pro-life. I'll be honest I dont like abortion. I dont like the idea of it. But does that mean I should stop someone from doing it. There are lots of things in this world I dont like but I will never stop someone from doing it. I may not support you either but i will not stop you. What about gay marriage? I dont support but should i stop. Is stopping two gay men from marrying an act of obedience to G-d. I am called to love G-d and love others. I can only do what I believe G-d is calling me to do. Beside stopping gay marriage is not going to stop people from being gay. I want people to have a relationship with G-d. I find that talking to be people and loving them and just caring about them is much more affective then telling them that they are wrong. 

So I guess that I am pro-choice. And if two men want to get married then ok. Stopping people from doing something by making it illegal doesnt stop them from doing it. G-d knows this that why He sent Jesus. Cause laws dont stop but love does. There are bigger and greater battles to be fought for the name of Christ.

A message to the christians: Wake up. There is more going on and in this world then you see. Pay attention and listen to people.  

4 comments:

Jay said...

I like this. I know this is your approach to life and I love you for it. How many other super-Christian friends do I have? Just one, and he thinks just like you. I'll say it again, your a hybrid.

Paul said...

Amen my brother from another mother. I like the words that are coming out of your mouth. Jay says your a hybrid. But what kind?

Robbie said...

with this fluffy liberal talk he is a hybrid that runs on used vegetable oil. I love my religious hippy. To summerize your points: love not hate. You flower child you. Amen and welcome to the light.

jared davidavich said...

tolerance...i believe the word is tolerance. and it's something our country seriously lacks at almost every level.