Saturday, June 27, 2009

Gay Pride

I read an interesting article the other day. I was about the Gay Pride event that took place last week in Nashville. One of the statements may an impression on me and i wanted to share it with you.

"With all the changes, including a significantly higher acceptance if not support for the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, Pride events still take place in a nation which, among other things, routinely kicks “homosexuals” out of the military; a nation which offers no employment or housing protections for LGBTQs; a nation which has a “Defense of Marriage Act” as law."

It made me think about my view on LGBT's rights. I think that LGBT should have rights. They should have rights to marry. I believe that sexual preference should not play a part in employment and housing. Now listen closely. I do believe that homosexuality is a sin, but i do not believe that it is a greater sin then drunkenness or lying. But if liars and drunkers can marry then so should LGBT people. A lot of christians may disagree with me but until someone can show me biblical proof against me or we stop allowing the drunk and the liar to marry I will stand by my believe.

I would like to see what other people think about this statement.

1 comment:

jared davidavich said...

outright support is and will for a long time be a minority position, and acceptance is constantly growing, but for legislation to pass through a WASP-run Congress, where most members care only about trading votes to get their issues passed and reelection, change on this scale is a long way off in a national sense. state level legislation is the more realistic hope for gay rights.

i agree with you--LGBT's should have the same rights as any other person. i don't believe our government, ANY government, has the right to legislate morality. it is the ultimate hipocrisy, the paramount ignorance and intolerance, to tell someone how or why they should live according to one's own beliefs. the belief itself is fine; that's what breeds acceptance--understanding that not all people walk in your shoes and see through your eyes, but they are people just the same.